Picking a STEM Major
I’ll be starting college soon, how do I confidently choose a STEM major?
Congrats, grad! If you’re here, you’re likely either applying to colleges or in the early days of college life. You might be hearing things like:
- Have you picked a major yet?
- What’s your major?
- What do you want to do after college?
While choosing a college major is important, it doesn’t have to be daunting and stressful.
So, how do you confidently choose a STEM college major?
If you’re a student who wants to pick a major you’re passionate about, we’ve got you covered! We’re here to provide you with the tools and resources to feel confident as you navigate your college experience.
Did you know about 18% of U.S. college graduates earn a degree in STEM fields according to educationdata.org?
In high school, my physics teacher knew I was fascinated with circuits. He became my mentor and suggested I look into pursuing a degree in electrical engineering. Fast-forward, I graduated from Bucknell University with a B.S. in electrical engineering. Finding a mentor exposed me to a career path I love.
Because of this experience I want to help YOU find your perfect college major. Inside this workbook, you will…
- Learn about possible STEM careers
- Receive templates to find, reach out to, and thank mentors
- Master composing professional emails
- Keep track of potential mentors
- Be inspired with sample questions to ask your mentor